- Ex:- when no rows are retrieved from the database in a SELECT statement, then error
- Ex:- Exception can be raised explicitly by issuing the RAISE statement with in the
User-Defined or Pre Defined
Trapping an exception:-
Propagating an exception:-
Types of exceptions:-
Pre-Defined Oracle Server Exceptions:-
Non-Pre-Defined Oracle Server Exceptions:-
User Defined Exceptions:-
Refreshing Materialized Views:-
Types of Materialized Views:-
- The SQL – Trace facility can be enabled / disabled for an individual session or at the instance level.
- If the initialization parameter SQL-TRACE is set to TRUE in the init.ora of an instance, then all sessions will be traced.
- SQL-TRACE can be set at the instance level by using the initialization parameter SQL-TRACE.
- SQL-TRACE can also be enabled / disabled at the system/session level by using.
Displaying the Execution Plan
- Decode function decodes an expression in a way similar to the IF_THEN_ELSE logic used in various languages.
- Decode function decodes expression after comparing it to each search condition.
- If the expression is the same as search, result is returned.
- If the default value is committed, a null value is returned where a search value does not match any of the result values.
- DECODE function facilitates conditional inquiries by doing the work of a CASE or IF_THEN_ELSE statement.